Cranbrook Schools encompasses all preK-12 schools, in all their historical iterations (Vlasic Early Childhood Center, Brookside Lower School, Cranbrook School for Boys, Kingswood School for Girls, Cranbrook Kingswood Middle School, Cranbrook Kingswood Upper School), beginning in 1970, the first year of a unified Schools Board of Trustees (later Board of Governors).
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
After various attempts at a school for young children in the area, the Bloomfield Hills School opened in 1922, occupying the Meeting House owned and built by George G. Booth at Lone Pine and Cranbrook Roads. With subsequent building additions by Booth and his son Henry Scripps Booth, the student body likewise grew from eight students in its first year to 101 by 1929. A private co-ed school for students in grades K-6, the school officially became Brookside School Cranbrook in 1930. Undergoing...
1922 - 2019; Majority of material found within 1923 - 1999