Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Cranbrook Kingswood School (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.)

 Organization

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

Cranbrook Educational Community Board of Trustees Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1990-03
Abstract Created in 1927, the Cranbrook Board of Trustees was the primary authority of the Cranbrook Foundation, which was established by George Gough and Ellen Scripps Booth to endow and support the Brookside School, Cranbrook School, Kingswood School, Christ Church Cranbrook, Cranbrook Institute of Science, and Cranbrook Academy of Art. In the 1970s, the Cranbrook Educational Community (CEC) was established, and as a result, the Foundation was liquidated, and Christ Church Cranbrook became an...
Dates: 1971 - 1999

Cranbrook Educational Community President’s Office: Dr. Dan M. Martin Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1991-16
Abstract This collection contains materials surrounding the career of Dr. Dan M. Martin, second president of the Cranbrook Educational Community (CEC) from 1980 to 1984. The materials primarily comprise correspondence documenting CEC governance and activities, memoranda, speeches, and executive searches. Also included are files pertaining to Dr. Martin’s inaugural celebration.
Dates: 1980 - 1984

Cranbrook Schools Board of Trustees/Governors Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1991-10
Abstract The collection pertains to the administrative functions of the Board of Trustees for Cranbrook Schools, governing Brookside, Cranbrook, and Kingswood Schools, and which exsited for three years (1970-1973). When Cranbrook was reorganized as the Cranbrook Educational Community (CEC), with a unified Board of Trustees, the Schools' board was renamed the Cranbrook Schools Board of Governors. It began serving in an advisory capacity to the Cranbrook Schools Division. The collection comprises of...
Dates: 1966 - 1999

Richard P. Raseman Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1979-03
Abstract The collection comprises of materials collected by Richard Perrien Raseman (1896-1976), architect, Executive Secretary, and Vice President of the Cranbrook Academy of Art from 1932-1943. During his tenure at Cranbrook he was responsible for the administration of the Academy and helped to push the establishment of the Academy as an independent and degree awarding institution. The collection includes documents associated with repair and construction projects on Cranbrook’s campus between 1934 and...
Dates: 1934 - 1956; Majority of material found within 1934 - 1942