Cranbrook Kingswood School (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.)
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The Cranbrook Academy of Arts Women’s Committee was founded on February 11, 1966 as the social arm of the Friends of the Academy (the Museum’s new membership program). The committee’s purpose was to promote and undertake activities and projects that would further the welfare of the Academy and the Museum. Throughout nearly forty years the committee hosted numerous events, programs, and fundraising projects until disbanded in 2002. The bulk of the collection reflects primarly the Women's...
Dates: 1966 - 2006
Abstract Cranbrook history dates back to 1904 when George and Ellen Booth purchased land in Bloomfield Hills, MI for their home. The next five decades saw the majority of this land transformed into an educational, artistic, and scientific community. In the early 1970s, a major reorganzition created the Cranbrook Educational Community. More than a century later, in 2021, this Community comprises five program areas: Cranbrook Schools, Cranbrook Art Academy, Cranbrook Art Museum, Cranbrook Institute of...
Dates: circa 1830-; Majority of material found within 1931 - 1970
Abstract The Wilderness Expedition which began in 1970, was designed as a yearly outdoor excursion for sophomore students at the Cranbrook Kingswood Upper School. In 1993, a blizzard struck the Great Smokey Mountains National Forrest leaving one-hundred and seventeen Cranbrook faculty and students trapped for nearly four days. The collection comprises of clippings from over 80 national newspapers covering the event.