Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Cranbrook Press

 Organization

Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:

Cranbrook Press and Photo Department Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1990-42
Abstract In 1900, George Gough Booth established the Cranbrook Press at the Detroit Evening News building. The enterprise lasted only two years, but it was later revived at Cranbrook in 1930. The Print Shop was headed by Edward Alonzo Miller, a well-known typographer, and Jean Eschmann, a bookbinder of high repute, and already employed by Booth, provided fine leather bindings. The first volume produced by Miller and Eschmann was a service book for the Festival of Gifts at Cranbrook Church. The...
Dates: 1929 - 1975

The Gate of Dreams Records

 Collection
Identifier: 2003-10
Abstract The Gate of Dreams was a book project that was written by an alum of Brookside and Kingswood, Lillian Moats, and published by the Cranbrook Press. Ms. Moats was enthusiastic about publishing The Gate of Dreams under Cranbrook’s auspices and volunteered her stories and illustrations as a contribution to the Brookside student financial aid program. The Gate of Dreams project not only revived the Cranbrook Press and helped financial aid students at Brookside, but it also served as a way to reach...
Dates: 1991 - 1996

General Correspondence, 1971 - 1972

 File — Container: Box 37, Folder: 1
Collection Scope From the Collection: Series I. Administrative (1927-1973): Included here is correspondence (both outgoing and incoming) from George G. Booth (chairman of the Foundation from 1927-1949), from Executive Directors, Harry S. Booth and Edward Lerchen, and with the Trustees. Also included are the minutes of the meetings of the Trustees, as well as correspondence regarding various members of the Foundation staff, including the Secretary and the educational consultant. Subseries 4: Office Administration has been arranged...
Dates: 1971 - 1972

Lee A. White Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1979-02
Abstract Lee A White was a journalist, working for the Detroit News from 1911 until his retirement in 1952, except between 1914-1917, when he was an associate professor and chairman of the journalism department at the University of Washington. He developed a close relationship with George G. Booth, serving as his Editorial Secretary and, from 1936, he also served as Chief Librarian for the newspaper, and became its first Director of Public Relations. He served as Director of Cranbrook School for 20...
Dates: 1926 - 1958