Cranbrook School (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.)
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The Cranbrook Academy of Arts Women’s Committee was founded on February 11, 1966 as the social arm of the Friends of the Academy (the Museum’s new membership program). The committee’s purpose was to promote and undertake activities and projects that would further the welfare of the Academy and the Museum. Throughout nearly forty years the committee hosted numerous events, programs, and fundraising projects until disbanded in 2002. The bulk of the collection reflects primarly the Women's...
Dates: 1966 - 2006
Abstract The Cranbrook Foundation was established on November 28, 1927, by George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. It was a trust and administrative entity to endow and support the six institutions that George and Ellen had founded: Brookside School Cranbrook, Christ Church Cranbrook, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Cranbrook Institute of Science, Cranbrook School, and Kingswood School Cranbrook. It's initial mission was, "to add to and strengthen the educational and cultural facilities within the State...
Dates: 1926 - 1973
Abstract Cranbrook history dates back to 1904 when George and Ellen Booth purchased land in Bloomfield Hills, MI for their home. The next five decades saw the majority of this land transformed into an educational, artistic, and scientific community. In the early 1970s, a major reorganzition created the Cranbrook Educational Community. More than a century later, in 2021, this Community comprises five program areas: Cranbrook Schools, Cranbrook Art Academy, Cranbrook Art Museum, Cranbrook Institute of...
Dates: circa 1830-; Majority of material found within 1931 - 1970