Cranbrook (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract In 1923, George Gough Booth wrote to the Rev. Samuel Simpson Marquis with his ideas for building an Episcopal church and school on the Cranbrook estate to serve the needs of the growing Bloomfield Hills community. Booth would fund the construction of the church and provide an endowment for its maintenance. After obtaining the agreement of Bishop Herman Page, hiring and architect and a contractor, a groundbreaking ceremony took place on July 5, 1925. Christ Church Cranbrook was consecrated on...
Dates: 1923 - 2002
Abstract Cranbrook history dates back to 1904 when George and Ellen Booth purchased land in Bloomfield Hills, MI for their home. The next five decades saw the majority of this land transformed into an educational, artistic, and scientific community. In the early 1970s, a major reorganzition created the Cranbrook Educational Community. More than a century later, in 2021, this Community comprises five program areas: Cranbrook Schools, Cranbrook Art Academy, Cranbrook Art Museum, Cranbrook Institute of...
Dates: circa 1830-; Majority of material found within 1931 - 1970