Cranbrook (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.)
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The Cranbrook Skating Club began as an outgrowth of the Cranbrook Arena Committee. It operated from January 12, 1957 until 1982. It was designed and constructed by Chas. R. Beltz and Company, Cronk and Tocco, The Garrison Company, and the W.J. Stewart companies, to resemble the Williams College facility. In addition to overseeing all aspects of the ice rink operations, the club provided skating for both the public and Cranbrook’s inter-scholastic hockey team six months of the year. Unique in...
Dates: 1952 - 1982; Majority of material found within 1956 - 1980
Cranbrook Educational Community Assistant to the President for Special Projects: Michael Boisvert and David Hart Records
Abstract The collection comprises of materials created or maintained by Michael Boisvert and David Hart who both served as assistant to the President of Special Projects at Cranbrook Educational Community (CEC). Boisvert served in this position from 1984-1985, and David Hart served from 1986-1993. The collection focuses on the internal strategic planning and external consultant master planning for institutional and campus development of Cranbrook Educational Community and its divisions. The files...
Dates: 1918 - 1996; Majority of material found within 1983 - 1993
Abstract This collection contains materials surrounding the career of Dr. Dan M. Martin, second president of the Cranbrook Educational Community (CEC) from 1980 to 1984. The materials primarily comprise correspondence documenting CEC governance and activities, memoranda, speeches, and executive searches. Also included are files pertaining to Dr. Martin’s inaugural celebration.
Dates: 1980 - 1984
Abstract George Herbst served as Vice President of Finance and Administration of Cranbrook Educational Community between 1986 and 1996. Herbst’s administrative duties included managing capital projects, finances, legal actions, and human relations. During his term, Herbst also oversaw numerous projects including restoration or construction initiatives for the Greek Theatre, Kingswood School, Cranbrook House, the Henry Booth Studio, and the DeSalle Auditorium. He was also involved in the acquisition of...
Dates: 1966 - 1995; Majority of material found within 1984 - 1992
Abstract The Cranbrook Writers' Guild (CWG) was a non-profit organization that operated between 1970 and 2008. The organization's focus was continuing the four-day Cranbrook Writers' Conference which was a special project of the literature committee of the Michigan State Council for the Arts. The conference sponsored student writers from Michigan colleges and comprised of workshops and seminars led by established professional writers. The materials within the collection cover a range of...
Dates: 1967 - 2008; Majority of material found within 1980 - 1993
Abstract The Horizon’s Upward Bound (HUB) program was initially established in 1965 by Cranbrook Schools as a two-phased (Summer Phase and Winter Phase) residential educational program designed to assist low-income students from the Detroit area. This grant funded program, initially run by Director Ben Snyder, offered academic and personal encouragement with the purpose of exposing children to higher education and professional career opportunities. The program was supported by grants from the Ford...
Dates: 1965 - 2000