Cranbrook (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.)
Found in 20 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The Cranbrook Skating Club began as an outgrowth of the Cranbrook Arena Committee. It operated from January 12, 1957 until 1982. It was designed and constructed by Chas. R. Beltz and Company, Cronk and Tocco, The Garrison Company, and the W.J. Stewart companies, to resemble the Williams College facility. In addition to overseeing all aspects of the ice rink operations, the club provided skating for both the public and Cranbrook’s inter-scholastic hockey team six months of the year. Unique in...
Dates: 1952 - 1982; Majority of material found within 1956 - 1980
Abstract Stephen “Steve” Farr Booth was the eldest son of Henry Scripps and Carolyn Farr Booth, and grandson of Cranbrook founders, George Gough and Ellen Scripps Booth. He graduated from Cranbrook School in 1943 and attended Purdue University. He served as an aviation cadet in the U.S. Army Air Corps during the Second World War, from 1943 to 1945. During the 1950s, he became a journalist and an editor for the Pontiac Daily Press and later a publicity manager at WWJ TV & Radio, Detroit, Michigan....
Dates: 1939 - 2009
Abstract Roy Slade was President of Cranbrook Academy of Art (CAA) and Director of the Cranbrook Art Museum (CAM) from 1977-1995. During his tenure, Saarinen House was restored, DeSalle Auditorium was constructed, the permanent collection of the Art Museum was developed, the New Studios building was planned, and new CAA faculty and staff were hired. Records from his office provide a comprehensive look at CAA, including meeting minutes, planning documents, correspondence with alumni/ae, and photographic...
Dates: 1974 - 1995
Abstract The Cranbrook Academy of Arts Women’s Committee was founded on February 11, 1966 as the social arm of the Friends of the Academy (the Museum’s new membership program). The committee’s purpose was to promote and undertake activities and projects that would further the welfare of the Academy and the Museum. Throughout nearly forty years the committee hosted numerous events, programs, and fundraising projects until disbanded in 2002. The bulk of the collection reflects primarly the Women's...
Dates: 1966 - 2006
Abstract Dr. Lillian H. Bauder, former President and Chief Executive Officer for the Cranbrook Educational Community (CEC), developed the Cranbrook Architecture Office. During the years 1984-1996 the Cranbrook Architecture Office was responsible for designing and fabricating additions, repairs, or renovations to the grounds, structures, or buildings of the Cranbrook community. The collection comprises of materials relative to the Brookside school, the Log Jam Arch, the Pedestrian Bridge, Pickle Place,...
Dates: 1992 - 1998
Abstract The Cranbrook Art Museum (CAM) was originally housed in what is known today as the Academy of Art Administration building, along with the Academy of Art Library. The Art Museum was, and still is, a department of the Academy of Art. This collection holds materials relating to exhibitions between 1940 and 1976. This includes master checklists, loan forms and correspondence, shipping and packing records, condition surveys, insurance valuations, installation documents, checklist iterations, and...
Dates: 1940 - 1976
Cranbrook Educational Community Assistant to the President for Special Projects: Michael Boisvert and David Hart Records
Abstract The collection comprises of materials created or maintained by Michael Boisvert and David Hart who both served as assistant to the President of Special Projects at Cranbrook Educational Community (CEC). Boisvert served in this position from 1984-1985, and David Hart served from 1986-1993. The collection focuses on the internal strategic planning and external consultant master planning for institutional and campus development of Cranbrook Educational Community and its divisions. The files...
Dates: 1918 - 1996; Majority of material found within 1983 - 1993
Abstract Lillian Hinckley Bauder (1939- ) was President and Chief Executive Officer of Cranbrook Educational Community (CEC) from 1984 to 1996. A renowned author, educator and administrator, Dr. Bauder is also a respected community leader and a vigorous advocate for the arts. The collection includes committee meeting materials from the Architectural Advisory Committee, the Governance Committee, the Compensation, and Long-Range Planning Committees as well as the Board of Trustees and the Ad Hoc...
Dates: 1922 - 2006
Abstract The Cranbrook Foundation was established on November 28, 1927, by George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. It was a trust and administrative entity to endow and support the six institutions that George and Ellen had founded: Brookside School Cranbrook, Christ Church Cranbrook, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Cranbrook Institute of Science, Cranbrook School, and Kingswood School Cranbrook. It's initial mission was, "to add to and strengthen the educational and cultural facilities within the State...
Dates: 1926 - 1973
Abstract This collection is based upon the rededicatory production in September 1991 of The Cranbrook Masque, first staged at Cranbrook’s Greek Theatre in 1916. The collection comprises of materials collected by Mark Coir, former Cranbrook Archives Director, and chair of the Cranbrook Greek Theatre Rededication Committee. Included are audiovisual materials; correspondence; financial; and administrative records. Also included are publicity, and production materials including a script, a musical score,...
Dates: 1916 - 1992; Majority of material found within 1983 - 1991