Cranbrook (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.)
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract This collection is based upon the rededicatory production in September 1991 of The Cranbrook Masque, first staged at Cranbrook’s Greek Theatre in 1916. The collection comprises of materials collected by Mark Coir, former Cranbrook Archives Director, and chair of the Cranbrook Greek Theatre Rededication Committee. Included are audiovisual materials; correspondence; financial; and administrative records. Also included are publicity, and production materials including a script, a musical score,...
Dates: 1916 - 1992; Majority of material found within 1983 - 1991
Abstract Cranbrook history dates back to 1904 when George and Ellen Booth purchased land in Bloomfield Hills, MI for their home. The next five decades saw the majority of this land transformed into an educational, artistic, and scientific community. In the early 1970s, a major reorganzition created the Cranbrook Educational Community. More than a century later, in 2021, this Community comprises five program areas: Cranbrook Schools, Cranbrook Art Academy, Cranbrook Art Museum, Cranbrook Institute of...
Dates: circa 1830-; Majority of material found within 1931 - 1970
Abstract Cranbrook P.M., a continuing education and outreach program, was founded in 1973 by the Cranbrook School Mother’s Council. The program, which became defunct by the mid-1990s offered a series of evening classes, lectures, seminars, workshops, tours, etc. focusing on the arts, languages, math, music, sports, and the sciences. The collection primarily focuses on the program's curricula, however there is a small amount of material associated with its administrative functions.
Dates: 1975 - 1994; Majority of material found within 1991 - 1993