Episcopal Church. Diocese of Michigan
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract In 1923, George Gough Booth wrote to the Rev. Samuel Simpson Marquis with his ideas for building an Episcopal church and school on the Cranbrook estate to serve the needs of the growing Bloomfield Hills community. Booth would fund the construction of the church and provide an endowment for its maintenance. After obtaining the agreement of Bishop Herman Page, hiring and architect and a contractor, a groundbreaking ceremony took place on July 5, 1925. Christ Church Cranbrook was consecrated on...
Dates: 1923 - 2002
- Subject: Silverwork X