Christ Church Cranbrook
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Henry Scripps Booth and Carolyn Farr Booth, lovers of art, music, and travel, were lifelong advocates of Cranbrook, dedicated to its development, both physically and organizationally. Henry (1897-1988) was the fourth child of the founders of Cranbrook, George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. Carolyn (1902-1984) was the daughter of Merton E. Farr, president of the American Shipbuilding Company. While an architecture student at the University of Michigan, Henry helped his father design the...
Dates: 1897 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1909 - 1988
Abstract George Herbst served as Vice President of Finance and Administration of Cranbrook Educational Community between 1986 and 1996. Herbst’s administrative duties included managing capital projects, finances, legal actions, and human relations. During his term, Herbst also oversaw numerous projects including restoration or construction initiatives for the Greek Theatre, Kingswood School, Cranbrook House, the Henry Booth Studio, and the DeSalle Auditorium. He was also involved in the acquisition of...
Dates: 1966 - 1995; Majority of material found within 1984 - 1992
Abstract After various attempts at a school for young children in the area, the Bloomfield Hills School opened in 1922, occupying the Meeting House owned and built by George G. Booth at Lone Pine and Cranbrook Roads. With subsequent building additions by Booth and his son Henry Scripps Booth, the student body likewise grew from eight students in its first year to 101 by 1929. A private co-ed school for students in grades K-6, the school officially became Brookside School Cranbrook in 1930. Undergoing...
Dates: 1922 - 2019; Majority of material found within 1923 - 1999