Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Swanson Associates

 Organization

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

Correspondence, 1964

 File — Container: Box 4, Folder: 3
Collection Scope From the Collection: The records in this collection cover Brookside School from its beginnings, as Bloomfield Hills School in 1922, then from 1930 as Brookside School Cranbrook through 2019. Series I: Governance (1922-1984 contains correspondence, legal documents, and minutes for the Children's School Trust, Board of Trustees, and Board of Directors. Series II: Administration (1922-2004) provides information on admissions; curriculum; histories; and headmistress/headmaster appointments,...
Dates: 1964

Cranbrook Architectural Office Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1989-01
Abstract Records of the Cranbrook Architectural Office which was responsible for the supervision, inspection, approval and acceptance of all construction work at Cranbrook, beginning with Eliel Saarinen's leadership through its closure in the 1980s. The materials reflect the planning and building phases of the Brookside School (BS), Christ Church Cranbrook (CCC), Cranbrook Academy of Art (CAA), Cranbrook House, Cranbrook Institute of Science (CIS), Cranbrook School (CS), Kingswood School (KS), and...
Dates: 1925 - 1987

Swanson Associates, Inc. Records

 Collection
Identifier: 2009-01
Abstract Swanson Associates, Inc., an architectural and planning firm that incorporated interior design, was established in 1947 by J. Robert F. Swanson and Pipsan Saarinen Swanson. In December 1965, it split into two affiliated companies, Swanson Associates, Inc., and Countryside Investment Corporation, which managed rental and investment assets. Pipsan was its director and the Swanson family owned its stock. In 1973, Ludwig Jorgensen negotiated the purchase of the Lone Pine Inn from the Cranbrook...
Dates: 1924 - 1982

J. Robert F. and Pipsan Saarinen Swanson Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1990-01
Abstract Jons Robert (Bob) Ferdinand Swanson (1900-1981) graduated from the University of Michigan School of Architecture in 1924, where he had and become friends with Henry Scripps Booth. In 1924, they established the architectural firm, Swanson and Booth. In 1927, the partnership dissolved and Bob established his own practice. Eva Lisa (Pipsan) Saarinen (1905-1979), daughter of Eliel and Loja Saarinen, studied weaving, ceramics, and fabric design at University of Helskini. She married Bob in 1926 and...
Dates: 1900 - 1983