Cranbrook Educational Community
- Existence: 1973
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Records of the Cranbrook Architectural Office which was responsible for the supervision, inspection, approval and acceptance of all construction work at Cranbrook, beginning with Eliel Saarinen's leadership through its closure in the 1980s. The materials reflect the planning and building phases of the Brookside School (BS), Christ Church Cranbrook (CCC), Cranbrook Academy of Art (CAA), Cranbrook House, Cranbrook Institute of Science (CIS), Cranbrook School (CS), Kingswood School (KS), and...
Dates: 1925 - 1987
Abstract Cranbrook P.M., a continuing education and outreach program, was founded in 1973 by the Cranbrook School Mother’s Council. The program, which became defunct by the mid-1990s offered a series of evening classes, lectures, seminars, workshops, tours, etc. focusing on the arts, languages, math, music, sports, and the sciences. The collection primarily focuses on the program's curricula, however there is a small amount of material associated with its administrative functions.
Dates: 1975 - 1994; Majority of material found within 1991 - 1993