Barbour, William T.
- Existence: Active 1912
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Bloomfield Hills Seminary, often referred to as the precursor to Brookside School, was formed in 1912 by a small group of Bloomfield Hills residents as a local private school to “give the young people of Bloomfield Hills, and those from nearby towns, the opportunity to study in the country; to offer a course of study that will fit them for life as well as for college.” It opened in a historic house built in 1820 by Ezra Parke and owned by George Booth, who added a five-class-room addition...
Dates: 1912 - 1979; Majority of material found within 1912 - 1919
File — Container: Box 44, Folder: 10
Collection Scope From the Collection: Series I. Administrative (1927-1973): Included here is correspondence (both outgoing and incoming) from George G. Booth (chairman of the Foundation from 1927-1949), from Executive Directors, Harry S. Booth and Edward Lerchen, and with the Trustees. Also included are the minutes of the meetings of the Trustees, as well as correspondence regarding various members of the Foundation staff, including the Secretary and the educational consultant. Subseries 4: Office Administration has been...
Dates: 1933 - 1951
Abstract The Cranbrook Foundation was established on November 28, 1927, by George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. It was a trust and administrative entity to endow and support the six institutions that George and Ellen had founded: Brookside School Cranbrook, Christ Church Cranbrook, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Cranbrook Institute of Science, Cranbrook School, and Kingswood School Cranbrook. It's initial mission was, "to add to and strengthen the educational and cultural facilities within the...
Dates: 1926 - 1973
Abstract Kingswood School Cranbrook was a day and boarding school for girls beginning with the seventh grade and continuing through the twelfth grade. Kingswood School was established through a deed of Trust executed on July 24, 1930, between the Cranbrook Foundation and a Board of Trustees consisting of William T. Barbour, Ralph Stone, Luman W. Goodenough, Alvan Macauley, Clarence H. Booth, James Inglis, and Sidney D. Waldon. The Board selected Gladys Turnbach, of Miss Hall’s School in Pittsfield,...
Dates: 1930 - 1985