White, Lee A., 1886-
- Existence: 1886 - 1971
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract In 1927 George G. Booth established the Cranbrook Academy of Art as an educational environment where students could come and learn from master artists in residence. The Academy functioned as a department under the Cranbrook Foundation and included painting, architecture, sculpture, ceramics and decorative design. The first Academy students were taken in early 1930. Eliel Saarinen was the first President (1932-1946). In 1942, with the opening of the Museum and Library, the Academy became an...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1942 - 1973
Abstract Cranbrook School was established by a Trust Indenture on 15 January 1926 to, “provide for the moral and religious education of the youth committed to its care,” under the supervision of three governing boards: the Board of Directors, the Advisory Board, and the Board of Trustees. Originally conceived as a Church school of Christ Church Cranbrook by September of 1924, George Booth had decided that the school should have a separate site to allow for expansion. When it opened on September 19,...
Dates: 1927 - 1985
- Subject: Architecture X