White, Lee A.
- Existence: 1886 - 1971
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Cranbrook School was established by a Trust Indenture on 15 January 1926 to, “provide for the moral and religious education of the youth committed to its care,” under the supervision of three governing boards: the Board of Directors, the Advisory Board, and the Board of Trustees. Originally conceived as a Church school of Christ Church Cranbrook by September of 1924, George Booth had decided that the school should have a separate site to allow for expansion. When it opened on September 19,...
Dates: 1927 - 1985
Abstract Lee A White was a journalist, working for the Detroit News from 1911 until his retirement in 1952, except between 1914-1917, when he was an associate professor and chairman of the journalism department at the University of Washington. He developed a close relationship with George G. Booth, serving as his Editorial Secretary and, from 1936, he also served as Chief Librarian for the newspaper, and became its first Director of Public Relations. He served as Director of Cranbrook School for 20...
Dates: 1926 - 1958