Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1

Christ Church Cranbrook Carillon Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1998-08
Abstract Installed in 1927, the original Christ Church carillon was a gift from local resident Harold L. Wallace and his family. Wallace worked closely with the foundry and the architect of the church, Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue Associates, in determining the physical space requirements and the number of octaves and bells to be employed. World-renowned carilloneur Anton Brees of Antwerp played the carillon at its Christ Church dedication on September 30, 1928 and he returned to Cranbrook every summer...
Dates: 1928 - 1991

Filtered By

  • Names: Booth, Henry Scripps X
  • Subject: Church dedication X