Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract Records of the Cranbrook Architectural Office which was responsible for the supervision, inspection, approval and acceptance of all construction work at Cranbrook, beginning with Eliel Saarinen's leadership through its closure in the 1980s. The materials reflect the planning and building phases of the Brookside School (BS), Christ Church Cranbrook (CCC), Cranbrook Academy of Art (CAA), Cranbrook House, Cranbrook Institute of Science (CIS), Cranbrook School (CS), Kingswood School (KS), and...
Dates: 1925 - 1987
Abstract Dr. Lillian H. Bauder, former President and Chief Executive Officer for the Cranbrook Educational Community (CEC), developed the Cranbrook Architecture Office. During the years 1984-1996 the Cranbrook Architecture Office was responsible for designing and fabricating additions, repairs, or renovations to the grounds, structures, or buildings of the Cranbrook community. The collection comprises of materials relative to the Brookside school, the Log Jam Arch, the Pedestrian Bridge, Pickle Place,...
Dates: 1992 - 1998
Abstract The Cranbrook Foundation was established on November 28, 1927, by George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. It was a trust and administrative entity to endow and support the six institutions that George and Ellen had founded: Brookside School Cranbrook, Christ Church Cranbrook, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Cranbrook Institute of Science, Cranbrook School, and Kingswood School Cranbrook. It's initial mission was, "to add to and strengthen the educational and cultural facilities within the State...
Dates: 1926 - 1973
Abstract Cranbrook history dates back to 1904 when George and Ellen Booth purchased land in Bloomfield Hills, MI for their home. The next five decades saw the majority of this land transformed into an educational, artistic, and scientific community. In the early 1970s, a major reorganzition created the Cranbrook Educational Community. More than a century later, in 2021, this Community comprises five program areas: Cranbrook Schools, Cranbrook Art Academy, Cranbrook Art Museum, Cranbrook Institute of...
Dates: circa 1830-; Majority of material found within 1931 - 1970
Abstract After various attempts at a school for young children in the area, the Bloomfield Hills School opened in 1922, occupying the Meeting House owned and built by George G. Booth at Lone Pine and Cranbrook Roads. With subsequent building additions by Booth and his son Henry Scripps Booth, the student body likewise grew from eight students in its first year to 101 by 1929. A private co-ed school for students in grades K-6, the school officially became Brookside School Cranbrook in 1930. Undergoing...
Dates: 1922 - 2019; Majority of material found within 1923 - 1999
Abstract The collection comprises of materials collected by Richard Perrien Raseman (1896-1976), architect, Executive Secretary, and Vice President of the Cranbrook Academy of Art from 1932-1943. During his tenure at Cranbrook he was responsible for the administration of the Academy and helped to push the establishment of the Academy as an independent and degree awarding institution. The collection includes documents associated with repair and construction projects on Cranbrook’s campus between 1934 and...
Dates: 1934 - 1956; Majority of material found within 1934 - 1942