Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Cranbrook Architectural Office Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1989-01
Abstract Records of the Cranbrook Architectural Office which was responsible for the supervision, inspection, approval and acceptance of all construction work at Cranbrook, beginning with Eliel Saarinen's leadership through its closure in the 1980s. The materials reflect the planning and building phases of the Brookside School (BS), Christ Church Cranbrook (CCC), Cranbrook Academy of Art (CAA), Cranbrook House, Cranbrook Institute of Science (CIS), Cranbrook School (CS), Kingswood School (KS), and...
Dates: 1925 - 1987

Cranbrook Foundation Office Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1981-05
Abstract The Cranbrook Foundation was established on November 28, 1927, by George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. It was a trust and administrative entity to endow and support the six institutions that George and Ellen had founded: Brookside School Cranbrook, Christ Church Cranbrook, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Cranbrook Institute of Science, Cranbrook School, and Kingswood School Cranbrook. It's initial mission was, "to add to and strengthen the educational and cultural facilities within the State...
Dates: 1926 - 1973

Cranbrook Institute of Science Director’s Office Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1990-31
Abstract Cranbrook Institute of Science is a nationally recognized natural history and science museum primarily serving Michigan and the Great Lakes region. It seeks to interest and educate people of all ages about nature, science and humankind through its exhibits, education, collection, research, and public programs. The Institute is a division of Cranbrook Educational Community, beginning, as do all Cranbrook institutions, with the vision and generosity of George Gough Booth. Originally conceived...
Dates: 1920 - 1990

Lee A. White Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1979-02
Abstract Lee A White was a journalist, working for the Detroit News from 1911 until his retirement in 1952, except between 1914-1917, when he was an associate professor and chairman of the journalism department at the University of Washington. He developed a close relationship with George G. Booth, serving as his Editorial Secretary and, from 1936, he also served as Chief Librarian for the newspaper, and became its first Director of Public Relations. He served as Director of Cranbrook School for 20...
Dates: 1926 - 1958

Filtered By

  • Names: Christ Church Cranbrook X
  • Subject: Science museums X

Filter Results