Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract In 1927 George G. Booth established the Cranbrook Academy of Art as an educational environment where students could come and learn from master artists in residence. The Academy functioned as a department under the Cranbrook Foundation and included painting, architecture, sculpture, ceramics and decorative design. The first Academy students were taken in early 1930. Eliel Saarinen was the first President (1932-1946). In 1942, with the opening of the Museum and Library, the Academy became an...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1942 - 1973
Abstract Jack M. Goldman came to Detroit in 1951 to work on the GM Tech Center project. From 1955-1958, Goldman worked for Eero Saarinen and Associates, except for a six month period in 1957 when he received the Francis J. Plym Fellowship to travel abroad and study European architecture. Goldman later was a principal in Fields, Goldman and Magee Architects in Mt. Vernon, Illinois. This collection contains news articles about various projects, program information and correspondence on the London Embassy...
Dates: 1953 - 1991