Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The Cranbrook Foundation was established on November 28, 1927, by George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. It was a trust and administrative entity to endow and support the six institutions that George and Ellen had founded: Brookside School Cranbrook, Christ Church Cranbrook, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Cranbrook Institute of Science, Cranbrook School, and Kingswood School Cranbrook. It's initial mission was, "to add to and strengthen the educational and cultural facilities within the State...
Dates: 1926 - 1973
Abstract The Institute of Advanced Pastoral Studies was established in 1957 for continuing theological education for clergy and lay leaders to share ideas on integrating historic Christian insights with twentieth century findings from human sciences and open dialogue with other traditions. It hosted seminars and conferences bringing together leaders from Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish traditions. The founder, Dr. Reuel L. Howe, remained director until 1973 and was succeeded by Dr. John E. Biersdorf....
Dates: 1957 - 1981