Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The Cranbrook Academy of Arts Women’s Committee was founded on February 11, 1966 as the social arm of the Friends of the Academy (the Museum’s new membership program). The committee’s purpose was to promote and undertake activities and projects that would further the welfare of the Academy and the Museum. Throughout nearly forty years the committee hosted numerous events, programs, and fundraising projects until disbanded in 2002. The bulk of the collection reflects primarly the Women's...
Dates: 1966 - 2006
Abstract The Cranbrook Art Museum (CAM) was originally housed in what is known today as the Academy of Art Administration building, along with the Academy of Art Library. The Art Museum was, and still is, a department of the Academy of Art. This collection holds materials relating to exhibitions between 1940 and 1976. This includes master checklists, loan forms and correspondence, shipping and packing records, condition surveys, insurance valuations, installation documents, checklist iterations, and...
Dates: 1940 - 1976
Abstract The Cranbrook Foundation was established on November 28, 1927, by George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. It was a trust and administrative entity to endow and support the six institutions that George and Ellen had founded: Brookside School Cranbrook, Christ Church Cranbrook, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Cranbrook Institute of Science, Cranbrook School, and Kingswood School Cranbrook. It's initial mission was, "to add to and strengthen the educational and cultural facilities within the State...
Dates: 1926 - 1973
Abstract Cranbrook Institute of Science is a nationally recognized natural history and science museum primarily serving Michigan and the Great Lakes region. It seeks to interest and educate people of all ages about nature, science and humankind through its exhibits, education, collection, research, and public programs. The Institute is a division of Cranbrook Educational Community, beginning, as do all Cranbrook institutions, with the vision and generosity of George Gough Booth. Originally conceived...
Dates: 1920 - 1990