Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Records of the Cranbrook Architectural Office which was responsible for the supervision, inspection, approval and acceptance of all construction work at Cranbrook, beginning with Eliel Saarinen's leadership through its closure in the 1980s. The materials reflect the planning and building phases of the Brookside School (BS), Christ Church Cranbrook (CCC), Cranbrook Academy of Art (CAA), Cranbrook House, Cranbrook Institute of Science (CIS), Cranbrook School (CS), Kingswood School (KS), and...
Dates: 1925 - 1987
Abstract The Cranbrook Foundation was established on November 28, 1927, by George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. It was a trust and administrative entity to endow and support the six institutions that George and Ellen had founded: Brookside School Cranbrook, Christ Church Cranbrook, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Cranbrook Institute of Science, Cranbrook School, and Kingswood School Cranbrook. It's initial mission was, "to add to and strengthen the educational and cultural facilities within the State...
Dates: 1926 - 1973