Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Jack M. Goldman Collection of Eero Saarinen and Associates Material

 Collection
Identifier: 1995-46
Abstract Jack M. Goldman came to Detroit in 1951 to work on the GM Tech Center project. From 1955-1958, Goldman worked for Eero Saarinen and Associates, except for a six month period in 1957 when he received the Francis J. Plym Fellowship to travel abroad and study European architecture. Goldman later was a principal in Fields, Goldman and Magee Architects in Mt. Vernon, Illinois. This collection contains news articles about various projects, program information and correspondence on the London Embassy...
Dates: 1953 - 1991

Astrid Sampe Collection of Eero Saarinen Correspondence

 Collection
Identifier: 1995-87
Abstract Astrid Sampe studied at the Higher Industrial Art School of Stockholm and as an exchange student at the Royal Academy of Art in London. Her career spanned many decades starting in 1935, and encompassed being head of Nordiska Kompaniet (NK), being appointed "Royal Designer, Hon.RDI of the Royal Society of Arts and, in 1951, wove the first fiberglass fabrics. This collection comprises correspondence reflecting the romantic attachment between Eero Saarinen and Astrid Sampe, as well as her role as...
Dates: 1948 - 1960

Swanson Associates, Inc. Records

 Collection
Identifier: 2009-01
Abstract Swanson Associates, Inc., an architectural and planning firm that incorporated interior design, was established in 1947 by J. Robert F. Swanson and Pipsan Saarinen Swanson. In December 1965, it split into two affiliated companies, Swanson Associates, Inc., and Countryside Investment Corporation, which managed rental and investment assets. Pipsan was its director and the Swanson family owned its stock. In 1973, Ludwig Jorgensen negotiated the purchase of the Lone Pine Inn from the Cranbrook...
Dates: 1924 - 1982

J. Robert F. and Pipsan Saarinen Swanson Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1990-01
Abstract Jons Robert (Bob) Ferdinand Swanson (1900-1981) graduated from the University of Michigan School of Architecture in 1924, where he had and become friends with Henry Scripps Booth. In 1924, they established the architectural firm, Swanson and Booth. In 1927, the partnership dissolved and Bob established his own practice. Eva Lisa (Pipsan) Saarinen (1905-1979), daughter of Eliel and Loja Saarinen, studied weaving, ceramics, and fabric design at University of Helskini. She married Bob in 1926 and...
Dates: 1900 - 1983

Filtered By

  • Subject: Furniture design X
  • Names: GM Technical Center X

Filter Results