Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3

Cranbrook Press and Photo Department Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1990-42
Abstract In 1900, George Gough Booth established the Cranbrook Press at the Detroit Evening News building. The enterprise lasted only two years, but it was later revived at Cranbrook in 1930. The Print Shop was headed by Edward Alonzo Miller, a well-known typographer, and Jean Eschmann, a bookbinder of high repute, and already employed by Booth, provided fine leather bindings. The first volume produced by Miller and Eschmann was a service book for the Festival of Gifts at Cranbrook Church. The...
Dates: 1929 - 1975

Cranbrook Lower School Brookside Records

 Collection
Identifier: 2002-04
Abstract After various attempts at a school for young children in the area, the Bloomfield Hills School opened in 1922, occupying the Meeting House owned and built by George G. Booth at Lone Pine and Cranbrook Roads. With subsequent building additions by Booth and his son Henry Scripps Booth, the student body likewise grew from eight students in its first year to 101 by 1929. A private co-ed school for students in grades K-6, the school officially became Brookside School Cranbrook in 1930. Undergoing...
Dates: 1922 - 2019; Majority of material found within 1923 - 1999

St. Dunstan’s Guild Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1995-84
Abstract St. Dunstan’s “Theatre” Guild, later "St. Dunstan’s Guild of Cranbrook" was established in 1932, with a small people interested in forming an amateur theatrical society held, including Henry S. Booth, Ellenna Cochran (Mrs. Maurice D.), Jessie Winter, Harry D. Hoey and Burt A. McDonald. The group was named after St. Dunstan, a ninth century English churchman who was Archbishop of Canterbury and has always been regarded as a patron saint of the arts. The group's first plays were performed at...
Dates: 1932 - 1990

Filtered By

  • Subject: Performing arts X
  • Names: Winter, Jessie X

Filter Results