Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The Cranbrook Academy of Arts Women’s Committee was founded on February 11, 1966 as the social arm of the Friends of the Academy (the Museum’s new membership program). The committee’s purpose was to promote and undertake activities and projects that would further the welfare of the Academy and the Museum. Throughout nearly forty years the committee hosted numerous events, programs, and fundraising projects until disbanded in 2002. The bulk of the collection reflects primarly the Women's...
Dates: 1966 - 2006
Abstract Jons Robert (Bob) Ferdinand Swanson (1900-1981) graduated from the University of Michigan School of Architecture in 1924, where he had and become friends with Henry Scripps Booth. In 1924, they established the architectural firm, Swanson and Booth. In 1927, the partnership dissolved and Bob established his own practice. Eva Lisa (Pipsan) Saarinen (1905-1979), daughter of Eliel and Loja Saarinen, studied weaving, ceramics, and fabric design at University of Helskini. She married Bob in 1926 and...
Dates: 1900 - 1983