Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6

Kate Thompson Bromley Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1981-04
Abstract Kate Agnes Thompson married Frank Latham Bromley on May 2, 1900, in Detroit. They moved to Bloomfield Hills and, as neighbors, became ensconced in the Cranbrook community. Kate’s personal interests centered in the arts, and she became very good friends with Carl and Olga Milles, as well as with other Cranbrook personalities. The collection consists of photocopies of excerpts from the diaries of Kate Thompson Bromley. The diary entries document Bromley’s association with Cranbrook personalities,...
Dates: 1916 - 1955

Cranbrook Foundation Office Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1981-05
Abstract The Cranbrook Foundation was established on November 28, 1927, by George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. It was a trust and administrative entity to endow and support the six institutions that George and Ellen had founded: Brookside School Cranbrook, Christ Church Cranbrook, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Cranbrook Institute of Science, Cranbrook School, and Kingswood School Cranbrook. It's initial mission was, "to add to and strengthen the educational and cultural facilities within the State...
Dates: 1926 - 1973

Cranbrook School Sydney, Australia Collection

 Collection
Identifier: 1997-17
Abstract A boys school in Sydney, Australia, sharing the same name as Cranbrook School in Blooomfield Hills, MI, was established in 1918. The school was originally organized as an Anglican boarding and day school, and was governed by a School Council consisting of eighteen clergy and laymen. Junior facilities expanded with the establishment of two kindergartens (or Pre-schools) in 1944 at St Michael's Church Hall, Vaucluse and St Mark's Church Hall, Darling Point. This small artificial collection...
Dates: 1929 - 1982

Cranbrook School Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1979-06
Abstract Cranbrook School was established by a Trust Indenture on 15 January 1926 to, “provide for the moral and religious education of the youth committed to its care,” under the supervision of three governing boards: the Board of Directors, the Advisory Board, and the Board of Trustees. Originally conceived as a Church school of Christ Church Cranbrook by September of 1924, George Booth had decided that the school should have a separate site to allow for expansion. When it opened on September 19,...
Dates: 1927 - 1985

William Oliver Stevens Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1995-90
Abstract William Oliver Stevens was headmaster of Cranbrook School from 1927-1935. These documents consist of office records in the form of correspondence, carbon copies, and drafts from William O. Stevens, first headmaster of Cranbrook School. Additionally, there is correspondence after his tenure at Cranbrook, but concerning Cranbrook masters, other employees, and alumni is included. Some black and white photographs are appended to alumni, faculty and student documents. The bulk of the collection is...
Dates: 1927 - 1935

Lee A. White Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1979-02
Abstract Lee A White was a journalist, working for the Detroit News from 1911 until his retirement in 1952, except between 1914-1917, when he was an associate professor and chairman of the journalism department at the University of Washington. He developed a close relationship with George G. Booth, serving as his Editorial Secretary and, from 1936, he also served as Chief Librarian for the newspaper, and became its first Director of Public Relations. He served as Director of Cranbrook School for 20...
Dates: 1926 - 1958