Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Henry Scripps Booth and Carolyn Farr Booth, lovers of art, music, and travel, were lifelong advocates of Cranbrook, dedicated to its development, both physically and organizationally. Henry (1897-1988) was the second son of the founders of Cranbrook, George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth. Carolyn (1902-1984) was the daughter of Merton E. Farr, president of the American Shipbuilding Company. While an architecture student at the University of Michigan, Henry helped his father design the...
Dates: 1897 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1909 - 1988
Abstract This collection is based upon the rededicatory production in September 1991 of The Cranbrook Masque, first staged at Cranbrook’s Greek Theatre in 1916. The collection comprises of materials collected by Mark Coir, former Cranbrook Archives Director, and chair of the Cranbrook Greek Theatre Rededication Committee. Included are audiovisual materials; correspondence; financial; and administrative records. Also included are publicity, and production materials including a script, a musical score,...
Dates: 1916 - 1992; Majority of material found within 1983 - 1991
Abstract Cranbrook P.M., a continuing education and outreach program, was founded in 1973 by the Cranbrook School Mother’s Council. The program, which became defunct by the mid-1990s offered a series of evening classes, lectures, seminars, workshops, tours, etc. focusing on the arts, languages, math, music, sports, and the sciences. The collection primarily focuses on the program's curricula, however there is a small amount of material associated with its administrative functions.
Dates: 1975 - 1994; Majority of material found within 1991 - 1993
Abstract In 1951, Maija and her husband Hans moved to a three acre property in Birmingham, Michigan three miles southeast of Cranbrook. Over the course of thirty years, Maja created the largest and most diverse wild plant garden in Michigan, with over 300 varieties of plants. Her wildflower garden was widely visited attended by garden enthusiasts and tour groups, and often attracted publicity in the local press. She developed a close friendship with botanist James R. Wells of Cranbrook Institute of...
Dates: 1982 - 1989
Abstract St. Dunstan’s “Theatre” Guild, later "St. Dunstan’s Guild of Cranbrook" was established in 1932, with a small people interested in forming an amateur theatrical society held, including Henry S. Booth, Ellenna Cochran (Mrs. Maurice D.), Jessie Winter, Harry D. Hoey and Burt A. McDonald. The group was named after St. Dunstan, a ninth century English churchman who was Archbishop of Canterbury and has always been regarded as a patron saint of the arts. The group's first plays were performed at...
Dates: 1932 - 1990
- Subject: Theater X
- Booth, George G. (George Gough) 2
- Booth, Henry Scripps 2
- Cranbrook (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.) 2
- Cranbrook Educational Community 2
- Booth, Carolyn Farr 1
- Booth, Ellen Warren Scripps 1
- Christ Church Cranbrook 1
- Coir, Mark 1
- Cram, Ralph Adams 1
- Cranbrook Foundation 1
- Cranbrook School (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.) 1
- Dunstan, Saint 1
- Lorch, Emil 1
- Milles, Carl 1
- Page, Herman Riddle, Bishop 1
- Schjolin, Maja (May Joan Seefried) 1
- Sepeshy, Zoltan 1
- Swanson, J. Robert F. (Jons Robert Ferdinand) 1
- Synder, Margot 1
- University of Michigan 1
- Winter, Jessie 1 ∧ less