Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract The Cranbrook Academy of Arts Women’s Committee was founded on February 11, 1966 as the social arm of the Friends of the Academy (the Museum’s new membership program). The committee’s purpose was to promote and undertake activities and projects that would further the welfare of the Academy and the Museum. Throughout nearly forty years the committee hosted numerous events, programs, and fundraising projects until disbanded in 2002. The bulk of the collection reflects primarly the Women's...
Dates: 1966 - 2006
Abstract Cranbrook P.M., a continuing education and outreach program, was founded in 1973 by the Cranbrook School Mother’s Council. The program, which became defunct by the mid-1990s offered a series of evening classes, lectures, seminars, workshops, tours, etc. focusing on the arts, languages, math, music, sports, and the sciences. The collection primarily focuses on the program's curricula, however there is a small amount of material associated with its administrative functions.
Dates: 1975 - 1994; Majority of material found within 1991 - 1993
Abstract In 1951, Maija and her husband Hans moved to a three acre property in Birmingham, Michigan three miles southeast of Cranbrook. Over the course of thirty years, Maja created the largest and most diverse wild plant garden in Michigan, with over 300 varieties of plants. Her wildflower garden was widely visited attended by garden enthusiasts and tour groups, and often attracted publicity in the local press. She developed a close friendship with botanist James R. Wells of Cranbrook Institute of...
Dates: 1982 - 1989
- Subject: Women--Societies and clubs X