Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Sculpture

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

George Gough Booth Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1981-01
Abstract The collection documents the life and work of George Gough Booth, a renowned advocate of the arts, and a great philanthropist whose crowning achievement was the establishment of Cranbrook Educational Community. He was also one of the nation's leading newspapermen in the first half of this century. It includes biographical materials including legal documents, travel itineraries, talks and writings, and the financial and business records of the Cranbrook Press. It documents his working life and...
Dates: 1864 - 1949

F. Shirley Prouty Research Collection on Johannes Kirchmayer

 Collection
Identifier: 2018-04
Abstract F. Shirley Prouty is the great great-niece of Johannes Kirchmayer. She spent many years researching his life, family history, and artworks. Her research is published in the book Johannes Kirchmayer, 1860-1930: master carver from Germany's passion play village to America's finest sanctuaries. This collection holds the research files for this publication. Johannes Kirchmayer was born in Oberammergau, Bavaria, in 1860 and emigrated to the United States in 1880. He work is predominantly...
Dates: 1873 - 2015; Majority of material found within 1994 - 2015

Samuel Simpson Marquis Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1983-07
Abstract This collection documents the life and work of Rev. Dr. Samuel Simpson Marquis (1866-1948). Ordained as an Episcopalian priest, he served parishes in Massachusetts before being called to St. Joseph's Church in Detroit, Michigan. In 1906, he became Dean of St. Paul's Cathedral where he oversaw construction of the new cathedral building designed by Ralph Adams Cram. Between 1915-1920, he worked in the Welfare Department of Ford Motor Company before returning to St. Joseph's in 1921. He moved to...
Dates: 1817 - 1985; Majority of material found within 1889 - 1940