Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

History

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Benedict House Records

 Collection
Identifier: 2020-04
Abstract The Benedict House, formerly located at 710 N. Woodward in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, was built in 1819 and later owned by John Benedict. The property changed hands a few more times and was eventually demolished in 1978. The “Ad Hoc Committee to Save the Benedict House, Inc.” was formed by Ronald S. Swanson, Sylvia de P. Swanson, and Michael Cotter to salvage important features of the house including the woodwork, moldings, window casings, and the original hand-made red brick, before its...
Dates: 1967 - 1978