Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Swanson Associates, Inc., an architectural and planning firm that incorporated interior design, was established in 1947 by J. Robert F. Swanson and Pipsan Saarinen Swanson. In December 1965, it split into two affiliated companies, Swanson Associates, Inc., and Countryside Investment Corporation, which managed rental and investment assets. Pipsan was its director and the Swanson family owned its stock. In 1973, Ludwig Jorgensen negotiated the purchase of the Lone Pine Inn from the Cranbrook...
Dates: 1924 - 1982
Abstract Jons Robert (Bob) Ferdinand Swanson (1900-1981) graduated from the University of Michigan School of Architecture in 1924, where he had and become friends with Henry Scripps Booth. In 1924, they established the architectural firm, Swanson and Booth. In 1927, the partnership dissolved and Bob established his own practice. Eva Lisa (Pipsan) Saarinen (1905-1979), daughter of Eliel and Loja Saarinen, studied weaving, ceramics, and fabric design at University of Helskini. She married Bob in 1926...
Dates: 1900 - 1983