- Existence: 1896 - 1959
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Installed in 1927, the original Christ Church carillon was a gift from local resident Harold L. Wallace and his family. Wallace worked closely with the foundry and the architect of the church, Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue Associates, in determining the physical space requirements and the number of octaves and bells to be employed. World-renowned carilloneur Anton Brees of Antwerp played the carillon at its Christ Church dedication on September 30, 1928 and he returned to Cranbrook every summer...
Dates: 1928 - 2022
Abstract Dr. Maurice Garabrant, Christ Church Cranbrook Organist and Choir Master, and Mrs. Betty Brewster formed a committee of music lovers in order to organize a concert at the Cranbrook Greek Theater. Henry S. Booth, son of Cranbrook founders George and Ellen Booth, was one of the original eleven members of this committee, which produced the first Cranbrook Festival concert performance on June 10, 1951. The concert was such a success that the committee formalized in 1952 as the Cranbrook Music...
Dates: 1950 - 2007; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1990